Friday, August 28, 2009

Boston

I've been spending the last few days in Boston, touring around, going to the aquarium, visiting random colleges, eating good seafood, etc. Its a pretty cool place, once you realise that the only traffic laws are those of physics. Generally, looking bigger than you are, wearing a winter jacket and making loud noises seem to scare off the smaller cars, though. Very nice town though, lots of great food and lost-looking freshmen.




View from the Harvard Bridge. Trivia: 364.4 smoots and an ear long, either measured due to rolling a drunken frat boy, or due to a pledge class exercise. Guess which version the students know, and which version the school tells incoming freshmen?










The hotel I am staying at. Trivia: Obama is staying at the next hotel over, of which I do not have a picture and probably won't. This now explains the barricades that have been blocking the streets for a while.





















Little Blue Penguins at the Boston Aquarium. Trivia: they are adorable. However, they mostly stand around and shiver. The Rockhoppers are more entertaining, although the Jackass penguins are more active swimmers. You get to tease them with shadows in the water. Its fun!








THE DUCKS AT THE PUBLIC GARDENS. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT READ "MAKE WAY FOR DUCKLINGS", GO RELIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD NOW. But seriously, amazing. Ducks!










I have more photos here. I get to meet other SYA students tomorrow at the airport around 1.The flight leaves at 5:30, and arrives in Paris at 6:10am. 6 hour flight. Thus, I have to go to sleep. Will post next from Italy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I hate blogger. They just deleted my whole comment here.

    Anyway, love the pics and thge update. I've never been to Boston but it looks like a place I should definitely visit soon. Probably will too! Can't wait to hear about SYA students and more about your host family!

    In ABQ,
    Advisor forms have just been given out, and we had the yearly clubs common time. I'm joining a few, SOAC and Astronomy included. Sans Ray, Linnea and Kevin everyone has sixth lunch, which is miraculously delicious. Kaela, Phil and Richard also join me at sixth lunch. It's great. APUSH is surprisingly easy and fun mostly because Mr. Ovitt is awesome and I had a ton of friends in that class. Printmaking is honestly my favorite class though, the most exciting thing. We've been doing so many cool things, in only two weeks! I'm already scheming on what fun presents I can make everyone. I will definitely make something great for you because I know for sure you'll appreciate it.

    Anyway, I'm off to finish my homework now [I'm so responsible now due to my Vulcan mindset :D]. Have a great many days ahead!

    -Karina

    ReplyDelete