Sunday, August 16, 2009

Viterbo? Where's That?/Tickets and Tags

So, first entry in the nine-month-long travelogue. In the off chance this ever gets read/updated enough to be worth reading, this is a blog for my adventures and trips in Italy during the '09-'10 school year. I'm going to be staying with a host family in the countryside near a 60 000 person town called Viterbo in Lazio (the same province as Rome).

-Map of Viterbo- (Post continues below)

View Larger Map

I'm finally getting down to crunch/pa(ni)cking time. Currently 10 days until I leave for Boston, then 2.5 days until I leave for Italy. I am currently creating dozens of "to-do" lists and spending most (all) of my waking time trying to cross items off of them.

Latest news so far (besides numerous decisions as to clothes and books to take) is that I have tickets for both the flight to Boston and the flight to Rome via Paris. This has been confirmed by the fact that my dad filled out a form relating to them. I have not personally seen the tickets or reservations, but voce (rumour) says they do exist. I have also received the incredibly useful plastic luggage tags so that my bags have an SYA logo on them. Nothing says "Rob me!" like East coast prep-school tags. Nothing. Except being a tourist. Darn.
-Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment